Months after reading The Four Hour Body I finally ordered in my very own 45lb kettlebell to put Tim Ferriss' approach to the test, and to do some other awesome exercises. I'm working towards having a very simple but effective home gym. So far it consists of a pull up bar and my body weight and with the kettlebell I ought to be about 90% there.
Now to start plans on how to do that kettlebell handstand...
Seems like you wouldn't need the kettlebell for that handstand so much as a stack of books or a lil' stool. He's just showing off!
ReplyDeleteWe use kettlebells for a bunch of different things in bootcamp. Though I usually don't go for one above 25 lbs!
Ya, he was totally showing off. My kettlebell hand stand plans were stated tongue in cheek. :P
ReplyDeleteYou`ll have to tell me what exercises you do with them! I was kind of split on what weight to get. 45lbs does seem heavy, but it was the lower end of what was recommended for adult men in the book. I figure if it is too heavy then I can still use it for other exercises until I work up to the weight.
The REAL challenge will be getting it home from UPS on de Massioneuve to my home by bike!